Reasons Why You Shouldn't Forgo Your Routine Dental Cleanings
Although you take care of your teeth and maintain great dental health, it’s necessary to have routine dental exams and biannual cleanings. At Wollaston Dental Group, we diagnose indications of tooth decay and gum disease at your appointment. When these are identified early on, they can often be taken care of easily. Even so, if more dangerous problems aren't addressed, it may lead to major complications, like tooth loss.
Twice-yearly dental cleanings give our Quincy, MA hygienists the chance to remove plaque and tartar and clean your tooth enamel to create a more radiant smile. Let us help you and your loved ones improve your dental health with family dental care. The American Dental Association advises kids, adolescents, and adults to have their teeth cleaned professionally a minimum of two times every year. For people with past or current periodontal disease or those who wear metal orthodontics, more frequent dental cleanings are imperative.
What to expect at a dental cleaning
During your initial visit to Wollaston Dental Group, our staff will first assess your oral structures. From there, our team will take an x-ray to look for whatever issues we may not see with the naked eye. In the event that we detect any issues, we will design a unique treatment program for your needs. Cavities are most often addressed before your teeth cleaning. However, other more extensive therapies might call for an additional trip to our Quincy, MA dental practice. At your dental cleaning, we will remove any bacteria on the enamel with precise dental tools. After your teeth and gums are free of bacteria, your enamel is polished to remove any stains. Our professional hygienists can give tips to our patients regarding how to properly take care of their teeth in between dental cleanings.
Reasons why you shouldn't skip your biannual cleaning
At Wollaston Dental Group, we believe there are countless reasons why you shouldn't skip a twice-yearly dental cleaning, including:
- Tooth decay prevention: Having your teeth polished every six months lets our team catch tooth decay immediately. If you put off seeing a dentist for a prolonged amount of time, this decay will spread throughout the tooth, meaning we cannot save it. This circumstance will require a dental crown.
- Treating periodontal disease in the early stages: In the event that gum disease is left untreated, it could lead to eroding gums, jawbone deterioration, and tooth loss. If you have red or bleeding gums, schedule a visit at our Quincy, MA facility for gingivitis care.
- Preserving the beauty of your smile: Professional cleanings allow your teeth to stay as radiant as possible. During your dental appointment, we scale your teeth to make them shine brightly.
- Clean-smelling breath: Professional cleanings keep foul breath at bay because they get rid of plaque buildup, which can be the main reason for persistent bad breath.
- Getting an oral cancer screening: At a visit, our professionals will assess your oral structures (such as the tongue, mouth, lips, and even lymph nodes) to detect signs of an irregularity. If diagnosed soon, oral cancer may be taken care of effectively.
- Preserve your health: Your dental wellness may directly influence your total health. Advanced gum disease can also result in cardiovascular issues. Regular dental care has been exhibited to reduce your risk of having a stroke.
- Saving money on dental care: If you take care of dental health problems soon, they could be treated using simple approaches. However, when you don't get the proper dental care, you might require more costly and extensive treatments.
Arrange a dental cleaning to improve your oral health today
Ensure that your smile is in good shape when you get twice-yearly teeth cleanings at Wollaston Dental Group. Our family practice in Quincy, MA performs preventive care to help with cavities and lowering your chances of ending up with periodontal disease.