Several Reasons Why Comprehensive Exams are Crucial for Your Overall Health
A lot of individuals may question if going to a dentist two times each year is truly required for their dental wellness. Without twice-yearly dental examinations and cleanings, your dental health and your overall health will be negatively affected. At Wollaston Dental Group, routine visits are good for lowering your risk of getting gum disease with cavity prevention. Our Quincy, MA dental practitioners know that in order to care for your oral structures, you need to come to our local practice a minimum of two times a year.
Steps taken at an oral exam?
At a yearly exam at Wollaston Dental Group, we evaluate your upper face, neck, lower jaw, and lymph nodes. The final part of your dental exam may include:
- Examining your gumline for indicators of gum disease
- Assessing for any fractured or lost teeth
- Checking your jaw alignment
- Checking for signs of mouth or throat cancer
- Finding damage to existing tooth-colored fillings
- Offering a dental x-ray
At our Quincy, MA office, we make use of digital x-rays to get a better picture of each patient’s dental wellness. In the event that oral conditions are addressed early on, you minimize your need for more costly or invasive services in the long run. Following your oral assessment, our dental hygienists will carry out an oral cleaning. A professional cleaning is equally as vital as a dental exam because it keeps your enamel and gums in good shape and reduces the odds of developing tooth decay or gum disease.
Reasons why dental exams are important for your dental wellness
Ultimately, there are countless benefits to getting a dental exam once a year, like:
- Caring for periodontal disease rapidly
- Treating throat or mouth cancer
- Identifying less serious oral wellness conditions as soon as possible
- Treating teeth grinding
- Taking care of different health issues
- Reviewing effective dental hygiene habits
- Examining your lower jaw or teeth for irregularities
- Making sure your teeth and gums are in good condition
Discover more facts about the plus sides of getting oral exams
At Wollaston Dental Group, we encourage our patients in Quincy, MA to arrange annual dental exams. This lets our talented dental team diagnose and care for oral wellness complications early before they become more serious. In the event that dental health issues are left untreated, they could affect your overall wellness. Though cancelling a biannual appointment may not seem major, oral health complications, like periodontal disease, may form and worsen. To set up a dental exam, get in touch with our qualified team.