Tips to Practice As Soon As You Experience Bleeding Gums
When you notice a tiny bit of blood from your teeth after brushing, you could think it is normal and ignore it. Factors like brushing too hard, pregnancy, trauma, and inflamed gums can lead to periodontal bleeding. It might also be a sign of periodontitis. To detect the root cause of your periodontal bleeding and figure out the most effective procedure, call our dental experts at Wollaston Dental Group. In the event that you have red and swollen gums, contact our Quincy, MA practice at your earliest convenience to book a gum evaluation with one of our highly trained dentists.
How to take care of gumline bleeding
Bleeding from the gumline when you clean your teeth could be a sign of an underlying dental problem. Discolored, uncomfortable, and puffy gum tissues could be caused by gum disease, forming due to inadequate plaque removal or poor dental hygiene. Finding the condition behind bleeding gums with a dental expert is key to determining which solution is needed. For now, we will review several easy ways to address periodontal bleeding from our skilled team at Wollaston Dental Group.
- Cleanse with warm salt water or hydrogen peroxide: If bleeding gums are because of a trauma to the mouth, rinsing with lukewarm salted water can eliminate harmful bacteria to lessen your odds of contracting a mouth infection. You might also consider rinsing with hydrogen peroxide. However, it's important to not swallow.
- Learn proper oral hygiene: When you don't brush or floss properly, tartar could accumulate along the teeth and gum tissues. In the event that tartar is not cleaned, one day, it can cause bleeding gums, gum disease, or tooth decay.
- Stop smoking: Smoking cigarettes both heightens your odds of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and lung cancer and has also been connected to gum disease. Smoking cigarettes can hinder your body's immune system, which makes it more complicated to ward off bacteria in your mouth and lead to gum disease.
- Eat minimal carbs and sweet candies and cakes: Research has shown that monitoring your carbohydrate intake may additionally reduce your chances for gum disease and elevate your oral wellness. Sugary foods and carbohydrates promote the formation of germs and buildup in the mouth.
- Increase your intake of vitamins K and C: Vitamin C is a potent vitamin that fortifies connective tissue and guards the lining of your gums. Meanwhile, vitamin K is a necessary vitamin that helps your blood clot. If you are missing one or the other, you can eat some types of fruits and veggies with these natural minerals or find supplements.
Reach out to our team if you need a dentist or specialist in Quincy, MA
People must see a professional in the event that their symptoms don't improve within 7 – 10 days of doing these easy tips. Individuals might require a thorough assessment and teeth cleaning to remove plaque to let their gum tissues recover. At Wollaston Dental Group, we provide comprehensive dental cleanings, periodontal cleanings, and SRP (scaling and root planing) for those with bleeding gums or gum disease. For more information, contact our professionals or book an exam at our Quincy, MA facility.