Several Tips to Defend Against Dental Erosion
Being "in the know" is critical in the battle of keeping dental caries, periodontal disease, and various other complications at bay, which is why our staff at Wollaston Dental Group wants to teach individuals about prevention. When these significant complications influence your oral health, they’re typically harder to address, costly, and time-consuming. Ideal dental hygiene is the most critical factor for ensuring that your mouth stays in good shape. Our Quincy, MA staff is pleased to give you a few great tips to keep your teeth healthy, reliable, and gorgeous for the long term.
- Be attentive. Once you experience the signs of tooth decay, it’s crucial to go to your dentist for an evaluation. Frequently, the initial sign of decay is constant dental soreness. You might experience a stinging pain when you consume food or beverages that are varying in temperature. When tooth decay advances, you may get headaches, tooth pain, tooth yellowing, and obvious pits.
- Help your children. Kids like to copy their parents' habits. In many cases, parents are the first ones to show kids how to clean their teeth, so it’s essential to be a proper example. Booking regular cleanings is also another approach to teach children the value of maintaining excellent oral hygiene.
- Use sugar-free gum. Many people aren't aware that sugarless gum could help protect against cavities. Chewing gum promotes extra saliva production, which is important because saliva is the main agent in charge of both counteracting and banishing the acid from things we eat that may possibly wear away your teeth’s enamel, resulting in cavities.
- Flossing your teeth is needed. Brushing on its own isn’t efficient in making sure cavities are kept at bay. Flossing is a critical step that many people ignore. Flossing accesses areas that toothbrushes can’t eliminate bacteria lodged between the teeth. This easy practice is effective at helping to reduce the likelihood of cavities.
- Have fluoride treatments. The majority of dental practitioners suggest routine fluoride treatments for kids starting at six years old until they’re out of their teen years. However, when an adult is prone to developing cavities, a fluoride treatment could be very advantageous for their oral wellness. Our general dentists in Quincy, MA provide fluoride treatments and might suggest a prescription fluoride-based mouthwash and toothpaste to use between exams.
- Schedule appointments with your dentist often. Twice-yearly dental cleanings and examinations are needed for not just cleaning your teeth but also assessing the state of your oral structures. Your oral health is dependent on knowing what’s going on in your mouth. At your visit, your enamel will be cleaned and polished. Following this, your dental professional will provide a thorough examination of your teeth to identify potential complications. The earlier the oral problems are diagnosed, the sooner your treatment can kick off.
- Brush frequently. Even though this may seem obvious, cleaning your teeth two times a day with dentist-approved toothpaste is a great method to prevent cavities. You could try singing a song mentally while you scrub your teeth for no less than 120 seconds.
- Think about dental sealants. Dental sealants are a wonderful choice when it comes to avoiding tooth decay. Sealants are a pliant material that is placed on the tops of the back teeth, or the premolars and molars. Oral sealants may help to lower the individual's susceptibility to decay in this area because the fissures on top of your back teeth can entrap corrosive bacteria and cause the teeth to be more prone to cavities.
- Choose tooth-healthy items. The bacteria that cause cavities feed on the sugar contained in food and liquids. Sugary foods and drinks lay the groundwork for tooth decay to develop. It's essential to know the things you are consuming. After you eat or drink something that has a large amount of sugar, it's encouraged to brush your teeth right away.
- Swish mouthwash regularly. Mouthwash is important as an extra protection against tooth decay. Once you have brushed your teeth, you could use mouthwash to help further diminish harmful oral bacteria and buildup.
Learn the most efficient approach to clean your teeth
When you need to set up twice-yearly oral cleanings and exams for you and your family, we encourage you to call our comprehensive care dentistry practice in Quincy, MA for your visit. These essential and preventive sessions can keep tooth decay and different concerns from forming. As an extra positive, you’ll surely love how smooth your teeth look following your professional dental cleanings. Our incredibly skilled dental practitioners will make you be comfortable and review the treatment methods step-by-step. We look forward to seeing you at Wollaston Dental Group.